Wednesday, November 4, 2009

10 Years Ago

....10 years ago today my dad was given the GIFT OF LIFE

....a kidney and a pancreas transplant

....10 years ago today some amazing family said goodbye to their dad & their son and gave my dad another chance at life

...THANK YOU

....Thank you for giving me my dad back and for allowing my daughter to know her grandfather

**Here is a poem that I had read at my wedding and then made this to give to the donor family!! Sorry for the poor quality!!

When I was a little girl

I used to run around and play

And wonder in my own way

What would come about the next day.

Then....................

As I grew older and became more aware

Mom would always say

(Daddy's gonna be okay).

Years went by and I would always pray

Becuase Daddy was still sick eveyday.

Then....................

All at once when hope was thin

God reached down

And gave Daddy his life back again.

Mom was right as all Mothers are

(Daddy is okay)

And he is here to give me away

On this, my wedding day.

Author Unknown

1 comments:

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

Kandis, this is beautiful. What an amazing poem. You were ALL given a second chance with your dad's transplant-this really brought it into perspective. Thanks for your visit to my blog, I always LOVE hearing from you!! We need to catch up soon =)